Mahalo for your interest in hosting a Hawai'i Youth Conservation Corps (HYCC) Summer Program team! The HYCC Summer Program is one of a set of programs under Kupu aiming "to empower youth to serve their communities through character building, service learning, and environmental stewardship opportunities that encourage integrity (pono) with Ke Akua, self, and others." Please be sure to read the full description of this program at www.kupuhawaii.org.
- Sites must be either a nonprofit organization or a State/Federal agency. They must be able to provide members with any necessary tools, sufficient conservation work, and educational experiences in an environment that not only allows them to learn about the area, but also inspires them to become future leaders in conservation.
- HYCC Summer teams will be comprised of 4-6 members and one team leader.
- Members will be 17-20 years old, whereas leaders will be 21 years old and over.
- If you prefer larger teams to visit your site, please note it in your application. It is often possible to schedule two teams to be assigned to work at your site during the same week.
- Teams are available full-time Monday thru Friday for seven weeks from June 17th- July 28th.
- Site Fees: The government rate is $1,500 per team per week. The rate for all other organizations and non-profits is $500 per team per week* or $100 per team per day.
*Note: Financial aid options may be available. Please see the financial portion at the end of this application to apply.
The deadline for this application is January 31st, 2019.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at (808) 735-1221 ext. 2001 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.